Updated 23rd May, 2018
- Key Terms
- What information we collect about you
- How we collect personal information
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your Rights
- How we protect your information
- How we retain your personal information
- Protecting your child’s privacy
- How to contact us
1. Key Terms
Liz Baker Photography offers photography coverage for business and personal use, including online galleries and prints/albums. We refer to all of these products as “Services” in this policy.
3. What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of our Services. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in two main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by submitting a form, or registering for a download or discount).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services (including with technologies like cookies).
We’ve described the above in more detail below.
a. Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address to provide you with further details and quotations for our Services.
You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by registering to receive digital downloads, applying for service or product discounts, or registering to access image galleries.
b. Personal information obtained from your use of our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about Service-related announcements.
- Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Liz Baker Photography and measure the success of those campaigns.
- Analyse and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights and property.
We fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one.
- We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate Liz Baker Photography and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
6. How we share your personal information
We use the following services to collect your information:
7. Your Rights
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications if signed up for our newsletters or other content by changing your preferences via the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all our email correspondences.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your information
While no service is completely secure, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession.
We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. Protecting Your Child’s Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 (“Child”). We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User’s age. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child is using our Website or has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
We reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child before we honor such a request. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a Child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. However, as parent of such a Child, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the Child.
11. How to contact us
In accordance with GDRP law you have the right to be aware of the lawfulness how your personal data is being processed. You have the right to:
- confirmation that your data is being processed;
- access to your personal data; and